Friday, February 23, 2007

Alka Seltzer Cold medicine, the fizzy kind, doesn't do a whole lot for me anymore but I use it because there's something soothing about watching the tablets dissolve. It also reminds me of a few New Years' ago when Dad came to visit and we went to the new Smithsonian Air & Space museum (I can barely handle typing normal words, so I'm not even going to attempt the real name of it). That was a good day - despite wanting to curl up and die, and despite the lack of real food at the brand-new museum. We had pancakes at an IHOP afterwards, I think.

The next year, we went all out and Mom and Dad came down to party DC-style. Also a good holiday, right down to the bloody Marys at the bar the next afternoon while the Pats played on the big screen.

My coworker gave me her cold but also an extra day to catch up on some work (today), so it's a wash. But I'm a little loopy from sinus pressure and a nasty cough that appeared this morning. Can't wait to go home and curl up under some blankets!

Coworker suggests Nyquil. May raid CVS on my way home.

No comments: